[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Unifying playground equipment tagging)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:38:47 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 30. Mar 2020, at 20:03, Sören Reinecke via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> For example: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/137931618 . In this case
> Key:playground was used to tag playground equipment on the playground
> object itself. But for such cases we use Key:playground:* . This is one
> example of many.

it is not clear without knowing the place whether it is as you say.
The tags are
leisure=playground
playground=sandpit

this could also be intended as a sandpit kind of playground.

Usually in OpenStreetMap tagging, if people tag
A=B
B=C
when B is a feature, C is a subclass (more specific kind) of the B class.

There are some exceptions to this, where B=* would be things from the B domain, examples are the playground key and golf key.

Cheers Martin