[Tagging] iD semi automatic adding public_transport to aerialway=station

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:02:44 UTC 2020

On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 at 18:21, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I did not check recently, but from previous discussion and experience I
> recall iD "semiautomatically" (i.e. suggesting to perform "fixes" for the
> user for all of the currently downloaded map data in the editor)
> "improving" and "updating" tagging. This kind of behaviour could be
> questioned in the light of the automated editing guidelines (i.e. maybe the
> issue is bigger than just aerialway stations).

The last time I tried upgrading a tag (a few weeks ago) iD still didn't
give any
summary of what if was going to change.  The only way to tell was to look at
the complete tag list before upgrading and compare it with what you got
after
upgrading.  Too much hassle.

Many people will just assume iD is correct when it suggests an upgrade and
just accept it.  But that may not be the case.  The suggestion may be wrong
in
a particular case or it may be wrong in almost every case.  The developers
of
iD sometimes go their own way, much to the consternation of some in the
community.

--
Paul