[Tagging] iD semi automatic adding public_transport to aerialway=station

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:19:43 UTC 2020

Am Di., 31. März 2020 um 18:38 Uhr schrieb Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com
>:

> If the consensus here is that the approach that iD is taking isn't ideal,
> then I'd suggest updating the wiki to match the consensus here
> (cross-referencing the mailing list discussion), then suggesting that the
> iD issue be looked at again in the light of the discussion here and the
> (newly updated) wiki.

I did not check recently, but from previous discussion and experience I
recall iD "semiautomatically" (i.e. suggesting to perform "fixes" for the
user for all of the currently downloaded map data in the editor)
"improving" and "updating" tagging. This kind of behaviour could be
questioned in the light of the automated editing guidelines (i.e. maybe the
issue is bigger than just aerialway stations).

Cheers
Martin