[Tagging] Remove non-prefixed versions of 'contact:' scheme

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:20:02 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 4. Mai 2020 um 16:05 Uhr schrieb Sebastian Martin Dicke <
Sebastianmartindicke at gmx.de>:

> The non prefixed tags should be replaced manually to avoid such
> problems. When a website is not a contact website then it should be
> prefixed with another suitable namespace. It would be more useful than
> just use always website.

if there was general agreement to add the prefix, there would be more
efficient means to do it. For example to my knowledge, both of the most
used editors, iD and JOSM, apply the shorter version of these tags in their
presets. Also many contributors add these shorter tags manually. The last
voting on the issue has demonstrated that there isn't a majority supporting
a transition to contact:-prefix. Your suggestion would only contribute to
more tag fragmentation.

Cheers
Martin