[Tagging] Doorzone bicycle lanes

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 02:56:32 UTC 2020

On Tue, 5 May 2020 at 04:33, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right that in case of cycling infrastructure tagged on the road
> (like typically cycling lanes) we need a way to indicate to which part of
> the road it refers, in addition to the type of haxard.

Agree with Volker here.

cycleway:both:hazard becomes an issue when there are multiple hazards that
apply, so "doorzone" should be part of the key not the value.

I originally proposed cycleway:lane:doorzone=yes but then since seeing
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/ewtPBxYM_289cWusHEWytw changed it to
cycleway:doorzone=yes, but based on what Volker has said about indicating
which part of the road it applies to maybe after all:

cycleway:lane:doorzone=yes (both sides of the road have a
doorzone cyclelane) https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/MXuDWHZY_R9UkGcOk0FZUw
cycleway:lane:left:doorzone=yes (left side of the road has a doorzone
cyclelane)
cycleway:lane:right:doorzone=yes

highway=path,footway,cycleway is in a doorzone
bicycle:doorzone=yes (the bicycle lane of the path,footway,cycleway is in a
doorzone) https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/ewtPBxYM_289cWusHEWytw

The third scenario for dooring is just a regular road with no bicycle
infrastructure, but parked cars can still lead to dooring eg
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/6YlYnuZPdlziwUsF1m7yWA I guess in that
case where there is no bicycle infrastructure the dooring hazard should be
determined by a parking:lane:parallel=* and some kind of parking:lane
buffer tag?

Are there any other scenarios where dooring is a hazard?