[Tagging] Is there any tagging scheme for carillons already?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:59:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, 6 May 2020 at 12:14, <Lukas-458 at web.de> wrote:

> In the wiki I found bell_tower=* (but without a carillon-specific value)
> and I think a carillon does not have to be a bell_tower at all, so these
> are two different things.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carillon they're typically found
in bell
towers but do not have to be.  The first two examples on that page are not
in
towers.

> So if there is no real specific tagging for carillons at the moment, I
> would want to start a proposal of attractrion=carillon, but before I wanted
> to hear some opinions

 If I lived near one I might want to tag it nuisance=carillon or
annoyance=carillon
rather than attraction=carillon.

More seriously, attraction=carillon would be appropriate for one in a theme
park
or the like but I don't think it suitable for a carillon housed in a bell
tower of a
church where it is out of sight (but, sadly, not out of hearing).  I'd
suggest that
if attraction=carillon is added to the wiki then the wiki should mention
that
this is for visible carillons that are attractions and not for those housed
in
bell towers of churches.

--
Paul