[Tagging] RFC ele:regional

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:42:42 UTC 2020

Why not use a datum:value pair?

ele=[datum:]value

datum: is optional. If you don't know, just leave it out. Data users can
assume locally signed or known.

Thus, the spontaneous mapper and the elevation experts are served. Mapper
communities can establish regional preferences. Quality checking can be
applied.

As usual with measures, unit may follow the value, where m is default.

Best, Peter Elderson