[Tagging] track vs footway, cycleway, bridleway or path

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 18:09:23 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 11:57 AM Joseph Eisenberg
<joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, if you are talking about a paved multi-use path, bicycle path or footway which happens to be 3 or 4 meters wide and therefore a police car or emergency vehicle can fit, generally these are still mapped as highway=cycleway or =footway or =path if they are designed and designated for pedestrians or bicycles.
It is gravel.  Rough width is 2.5 meters (I tagged it as such).

> Do you have an example of a particular path or road which is debatable?
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/798886886#map=16/40.4656/-105.1320
I mapped this originally as highway=path, it was changed by another
user to highway=track.  I just changed it back this morning.