Phake Nick c933103 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:25:40 UTC 2020

在 2020年5月25日週一 19:35,Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> 寫道:

> May 25, 2020, 09:47 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:
>

> sent from a phone
>
> On 25. May 2020, at 08:54, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> 1. Live and let live - OSM has always been a broad church. It might not be
> your hobby, but it is their's. The bar to actively deleting other people's
> work should be set very high indeed.
>

> +1
> I completely subscribe to this
>
> +1, but something that is 100% gone can be deleted.
>
> I have seen railway=abandoned mapped across open-pit mine that was there
> for 20 years.
>
> There was zero chance of mappers recreating it (as oldest aerials will
> show open pit mine),
> it was 100% gone (like embankments, railway station and dirt 20 m below).
>
> I deleted it.
>
> Something that is fully, completely and totally gone can be deleted. If
> there are buildings
> across former track of the railway and embankment is leveled then it can
> and should
> be deleted.
>
> If there are no traces whatsoever and you need old maps to map it then it
> is out of
> scope of OSM and deleting it improves OpenStreetMap.
>
> There was railway here:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:National_Museum_in_Krakow-Main_Building,_1,_3Maja_Av,_Krakow,Poland.jpg
>
> There are no traces whatsoever. It is not mapped, should not be mapped and
> should be deleted if mapped.
>
> I have more doubts about cases where only earthworks remain (and are used
> for
> cycleway/road/path). You can plausibly guess that railway was there but it
> is just a
> guess and typically you need old maps to confirm that it was there.
>
> And in some cases such features look like former railway but that is not
> really true.
>
> But something that is totally gone should be gone from OpenStreetMap (with
> exceptions
> for objects marked as gone and temporarily not deleted to prevent
> incorrect remapping).

To add on it, I think something like
https://minkara.carview.co.jp/smart/userid/177050/blog/43940205/ should
still be included in the OpenStreetMap since some of their trace still
exists on the ground and that it's still more or less possible to locate
the alignment of the abandoned rail route.