Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon May 25 08:10:32 UTC 2020

Hola,

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 08:52:21AM +0200, Colin Smale wrote:
> 1. Live and let live - OSM has always been a broad church. It might not
> be your hobby, but it is their's. The bar to actively deleting other
> people's work should be set very high indeed.

I subscribe to this aswell. As long as it does not collide with stuff
in use we should be able to tolerate data of historic or special purpose
most of us probably do not aim for.

The broad scope of your subject must otherwise be answered with: "No"

It IS Best Common Practice to follow the "On the ground" rule with only
very few exceptions.

And IMHO we cant lift that. OSM needs to have a common ground to discuss
matters and sometimes reality is already pretty hard to agree on. If we
now add stuff in history or in the minds of mappers we open a pretty
difficult can of worms.

So - To quote from Postels Law - On of the inventors of the Internet:

"Be conservative in what you do, be liberal in what you accept from others"

Flo