[Tagging] Fwd: Section numbers in hiking routes

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Tue May 26 13:02:55 UTC 2020

As an example, I have redundantly tagged the sections of a hiking route
with from, to and section_ref. The names still contain the same information.
name=parent route name - leg - from-to

*Parent route: *
https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=2991780&map=10!52.5245!5.6135

*Section route:* https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=9669289

All the elements of the section name are now available as separate items.
The section name can now be assembled for display and sorting, e.g. as:

*displayname=<name> - <section_ref> - <from>-<to>*

Punctuation is just for the example. Any consistent punctuation is fine
with me.
I think other details sometimes found in the name tag should not be in the
displayname. Most of what I have encountered belongs in the note, comment,
description and fixme tags.

Best, Peter Elderson