[Tagging] line=* tag on railway lines

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:22:35 UTC 2020

Hi

Le jeu. 28 mai 2020 à 21:14, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> a écrit :

> Yes, name tag is for name of the object.

I agree
I'd be in favour of removing such mention on wiki wouldn't you?

Le jeu. 28 mai 2020 à 21:56, Jack Armstrong <jacknstacy at sprynet.com> a
écrit :

> If the rail is tagged name=* but the railway also has a relation with the
> same name, isn't this naming something twice? it seems to me the relation
> is sufficient and the rail itself should not be named?

We had the question on power lines as well.
At least it's not the same name : name of the physical line, the rails
versus the name of the commercial service

François