[Tagging] religous bias - Feature Proposal - Voting - (Chapel of rest)

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:44:49 UTC 2020

> amenity=deceased_viewing
>>

> That almost works.  But it's a verb not a noun, an activity not a place.
> With additional words it could work, but it would be rather inelegantly
> named.

We use amenity=ice_cream and not amenity=ice_cream_parlor, because "ice
cream" is the amenity being offered.  A similar argument for
amenity=fast_food, amenity=bicycle_rental, amenity=fuel, amenity=gambling,
etc.  While I agree that "most" of the values in amenity describe the
place-noun, a decent minority are describing the specific service on
offer.  So, if the place we are describe is "a place where the deceased can
be viewed", deceased_viewing would seem to be a neutral descriptor that
works.