[Tagging] Basic cartography features missing, why?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 22:35:52 UTC 2020

Am Fr., 6. Nov. 2020 um 23:28 Uhr schrieb Anders Torger <anders at torger.se>:

> I agree, but one renders (in some way at least), the other doesn't. Which
> one will the casual mapper choose? I'm a bit impatient and like to see
> results now.
>
> The cluster tag was drafted 2015, the group tag 2018. None of them render
> as far as I know.

that's both not "old" in OSM. Almost all tags that are rendered currently
have been around for at least double that time. The more you use a feature,
the more likely it will eventually be implemented later on by data users.
Nobody is going to invent and test a system just to render 100 objects.

Cheers
Martin