[Tagging] Tagging Cycle Route Relations vs. Ways

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:47:35 UTC 2020

The ways making up a cycle route typically have names themselves, and the
Route name normally is not the name of the way,
Hence in many cases this would be a mapping error, i.e. the name of the way
is not correctly tagged in the database.

There may be exceptions to this general, abstract statement, so it would be
useful if you could five pointers to specific examples.
For example it is well possible that a local administration assigns the
name of the Route as name to a specific way that is part of the Route, so
certainly any corrections need either local knowledge or street level
photos that show name signs (e.g. Mapillary)

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>