[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Hazards

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Nov 26 07:18:29 UTC 2020

It is not explicitly mentioned, but it would be a good idea to have explicit mention
is it OK to tag hazard that

- exists
- is unsigned
- government has not declared that it exists (maybe government is dysfunctional/missing like
in Somalia, or it is covering-up the problem, or it has higher priorities - for example during war)

Currently it is implied that it is not taggable, it would be good to have it mentioned explicitly.

Why hazard:animal and hazard:species is needed instead of animal and species?

The use of hazard <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:hazard>=rock_slide <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:hazard%3Drock_slide&action=edit&redlink=1> is more popular than several alternatives,
which are essentially describing the same thing: a hazard where rocks, earth, or mud might fall from above.

There is a big difference between rock slide, failing rocks and landslide.

I do not thing that deprecation of failing_rocks and landslide is a good idea,
I would keep them (I have seen signposted sign about landslide exactly once,
many, many signs of failing rocks - tagging rock_slide for either of them would
be incorrect).

Nov 25, 2020, 14:12 by zelonewolf at gmail.com: