[Tagging] bicycle lane on mini-rounabout

Emvee emvee-osm at gmx.de
Sun Oct 11 10:12:24 UTC 2020

> How do I tag a bicycle lane (way.Type element on a mini-roundabout
> (node-type element)?.
> Example:
> https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/-yxlx8FNVBHgMC7LH9eFNA
> <https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/-yxlx8FNVBHgMC7LH9eFNA>

I would say cycleway=lane.

Remarkable enough no node with highway=mini_roundabout is currently
mapped with cycleway=* so you would be the first.

On why this is not common. I did do a Overpass query on
highway=mini_roundabout where the connecting ways have cycleway=* for a
bbox covering the Netherlands

[out:xml][timeout:90][bbox:{{bbox}}];
(
   node["highway"="mini_roundabout"];
)->.mras;
.mras < ->.ws;
way.ws["highway"] ->.result;
(.result;>;);
out meta;

I checked about 15 mini_roundabout's for which there is Mapillary
imaginary and there is no cycle lane at the mini_roundabout.

Thinking as cyclist this makes sense to me, on a small roundabouts (so
"small" roads) I like to drive more to the middle of the road so cars
are not temped to pass me.