[Tagging] Proposal to change key:man_made to key:human_made

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:13:52 UTC 2020

On 19/10/2020 16.01, Justin Tracey wrote:
> It's the same reason we want
> discourse on lists like this one to be friendly and amicable: it should
> be obvious to anyone outside looking in that contributing and
> participating in OSM is *enjoyable*, and they should feel welcome
> joining in.

...and the irony is that most of what the SJW agenda accomplishes is to
polarize and inflame the issues, having the exact *opposite* effect as
encouraging harmony and inclusiveness (not to mention the hypocrisy of
being inimically opposed to "conservatives").

> If core aspects of the tagging schema give hints at a bias
> towards a particular segment of the population (in this case,
> English-speaking men)

So, clearly, we need to change the language of OSM tags to loglan. Oh,
wait, that would *still* be biased.

<soapbox>
The idea that you can make everyone happy is a delusion (source: John
Lydgate (disputed)). All we're seeing right now is that the SJW crowd
are making the most noise. The real issue is groups — *ANY* groups —
trying to force their ideology down other's throats and decide what
opinions are "allowed" and what aren't.

What needs to stop isn't "intolerance" (the SJW agenda isn't about
eliminating intolerance — quite the opposite! — but about replacing one
flavor with another), it's the inability to agree to disagree. Groups
should feel welcoming even to people with different opinions, rather
than vilifying anyone who disagrees with the group.
</soapbox>

--
Matthew