[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - electricity=*

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Fri Oct 30 14:17:34 UTC 2020

Hi,

I don't see a need to introduce new 'electricity:XY' keys.
The current definition of 'electricity' is to mark how an
amenity or building is supplied with energy. There is no intention
to have this key mark things like access for other people to this
energy source.
Access to electricity is tagged using 'power_supply' - and all your
ideas would fit perfectly into the already existing
'power_supply' key. It seems to be the ideal occassion to revisit
this tag and bring it to a good shape.

Here's what I would do:

- There is no formal proposal for power_supply yet, so we should write one

- The option to have socket types as values is listed in the Wiki, but
hardly ever used (93% of uses are plain yes/no), so this should be
dropped as its mixing different things into one tag.

- Propose the new subtags according to your ideas, i.e.
	power_supply -> adjust values to be yes/no/grid/generator ...
	power_supply:socket -> values and meaning as in Key:socket
	power_supply:source -> values and meaning as described for power:source
and generator:source
	power_supply:fee -> already in use!
	power_supply:access -> like in common tags like toilets:access

Jan