[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Rideshare Access

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Oct 31 10:31:52 UTC 2020

For starters I would oppose using the term "rideshare" for what is a
taxi/chauffeur service. It should be noted that there are actual
rideshare organisations and services out there, but uber, grab, lyft
etc. are not among them, they are simply trying to co-opt a term with
positive associations for their operations.

Further, real rideshare services don't get special access treatment
anywhere I know of, outside of vehicle occupancy regulations, which
isn't surprising as real ride sharing simply involves sharing costs and
car on a trip that the driver was going to make anyway.

If there are actual legal differences between taxi and chauffeur access
somewhere, we could use chauffeur or chauffeur-driven as an access tag
(better suggestions welcome).

Simon