[Tagging] Powerbank Sharing Systems

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:26:06 UTC 2020

On 19/09/2020 11:59, Jake Edmonds via Tagging wrote:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Powerbank-sharing_systems_by_name
>
> https://heychimpy.com
> https://www.wecharge.me
>

> I can’t see any tagging related to powerbank sharing systems.

Have you tried searching OSM data by name using Taginfo?

> Unless anyone can point me to existing tagging, I will submit a
> proposal, based on amenity=bicycle_sharing, titled
> amenity=powerbank_sharing for tagging docking station.

I wouldn't worry about that - that'll just waste everyone's time.  If
some on-the-ground infrastructure is missing from the map, just map it.
It's perfectly possible to search by name or operator later if a
consensus emerges about tagging.

> Chimpy (linked above) appears to use docking stations and
> over-the-counter rentals. Should an additional tag, such as
> service:powerbank:rental=yes, be included for existing features?

Probably not.  We don't tend to tag "everything a shop might sell".
There are exceptions (food, drinks), and if you want to map the
availability of a particular service then you are free to do so - just
don't expect everyone else to do it too.

Best Regards,

Andy