[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:57:03 UTC 2021

Am Do., 1. Apr. 2021 um 14:50 Uhr schrieb Robin Burek <robin.burek at gmx.de>:

> Hey everybody,
>
> in a chat of the german community we have discussed the problem, that in
> some locations we have two or more school on one plot/ground. Sometimes
> they use the same buildings.
> So you have a "school area" and two or three schools.

While it is frequently tagged like this, a "school" is  quite often more
than just a building. I would map the area of the school (including outside
grounds if any) and tag with amenity=school. name=....
for each school. Where the schools are using the same area you will have
overlapping polygons in OSM, no problem.

Cheers,
Martin

> There were the problem, that often the "school area" (as an area) and the
> schools (marked as nodes) get the amenity=school-tags. So when you have two
> schools, there are three amenity=school-tags. How would you handle this? We
> (the german chat group) aggreed, that this technique is not fitting, but
> there is no better method.
>
> I would propose there to use the tagging-schema:
>
>    1. only one school -> you *can *add landuse=school to the
>    amenity=school-Area but it isn't required.
>    2. When on one plot are multiple schools -> landuse=school for the
>    plot and
>       1. seperate nodes with amenity=school for every school or
>       2. when only one building used by one school - amenity=school on
>       the building=school
>
> Greetings
> Robin

Martin Koppenhoefer (Dipl-Ing. Arch.)
Via del Santuario Regina degli Apostoli, 18

00145 Roma

|llllIllll|llllIllll|llllIllll|llllIllll|llllIllll|llllIllll|llllIllll|llllIllll|

Italia
N41.851, E12.4824
8FHJVF5W+W5

tel1: +39 06.916508070
tel2: +49 30 868708638
mobil: +39 392 3114712
mk at koppenhoefer.com
http://www.koppenhoefer.com

Hinweis:
Diese Nachricht wurde manuell erstellt. Wir bemühen uns um fehlerfreie
Korrespondenz, dennoch kann es in Ausnahmefällen vorkommen, dass bei der
manuellen Übertragung von Informationen in elektronische Medien die
übertragenen Informationen Fehler aufweisen. Wir bitten Sie, dies zu
entschuldigen.

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of koppenhoefer.com unless specifically stated.
This email and any files attached are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify
postmaster at koppenhoefer.com

Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of
our clients and business, we may monitor and read messages sent to and from
our systems.

Thank You.