[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Thu Apr 1 19:41:29 UTC 2021

Hi there

Recently, I had a situation like this, where a school area is used by
two distinct schools (this happened a lot in Portugal since the last
education reform, where many small rural schools were united in a single
campus).
Since the school area has a name, I tagged the entire area with
amenity=school + name=<name_of_school_complex>. Then, since it has two
buildings, each one regarding a school, I tagged those buildings with
building=school + name=<name_of_school>.

Although a building is not the same of an amenity (ie, a building is not
a school), I didn't remember the use of landuse=*.
In that regard, there's landuse=education
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Deducation> which
seems to fit well to this purpose.

Regards,
António.