[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

Jeroen Hoek mail at jeroenhoek.nl
Sat Apr 3 18:55:26 UTC 2021

On 01-04-2021 21:34, Jmapb wrote:
> I'd prefer landuse=education to landuse=school, but landuse=school is
> much more popular (due some imports I think.)

Yes, please consider landuse=education. I've looked at landuse=school
usage before, and much looks imported or mistagged.

The benefit of landuse=education is that it solves a broader problem,
such as a campus shared by a university, a college, and a research
facility. I have one of those in the city I live in where the three
educational facilities each have their own name and identity on a single
shared and named campus.

A landuse defined as 'educational use, such as school grounds or a
campus' is something sorely missing in my experience. It would be very
much analogous to landuse=religious (which can contain multiple
amenity=place_of_worship).