[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - clubhouse

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 15:34:28 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 at 16:22, nathan case <nathancase at outlook.com> wrote:

> It would also seem a little odd for me to have golf as the one sporting
> exception.
>

> Something I’m definitely open to changing though – so if others have
> thoughts on it, I’m open to it. I’ll also make a note on the proposal
> discussion page.

There may be many sports with clubhouses, and many of those clubhouses
for the different sports may sell alcohol to members and their guests.  So
in that respect golf clubs aren't exceptional.  However, golf is the
only sport I can think of where the clubhouse is usually embedded within
the playing area.  Clubhouses for rugby are often near the pitch(es)
but they're not on a pitch.

I suspect golf=clubhouse arose because it is just one of many things
that may be found on a golf course such as tees, pins, bunkers, etc.
I'll leave it to others to argue that having an alias is an
abomination, that aliases are fine because nothing renders
differently, that golf=clubhouse should be deprecated, etc.

--
Paul