[Tagging] multiple schools on one plot

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Apr 2 20:59:13 UTC 2021

Sure, Paul, that's a "local to UK" perspective (and thank you for it), and even it has complications w.r.t. OxBridge.

We might sharpen up in the wiki how closely we might hew to "if degree, university, if not, college..." but there are exceptions to exceptions to exceptions here.  While I am all for the wiki being as descriptive of existing and comprehensive as it needs to be, I also urge simplicity where possible, even in the face of complexities such as whether to choose amenity=college or amenity=university.  KISS (Keep It Simple...), and document that there are grey zones and exceptions, but the world has them in sometimes semantically messy ways.

There really is a sweet spot of saying just the right amount (Goldilocks style:  not too much one gets lost in needless detail, not so little we are left wondering exactly what might be correct) in a wiki.  Please, let's strive for that.