[Tagging] clubb= dove or pigeons or pigeon_fanciers or pigeon_racing or pigeon_fancying

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Apr 5 11:50:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-04-05 at 13:33 +0200, Marc_marc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After translation, all these terms mean the same thing to me:
> dealing with captive pigeons.
> Is this also the case in English? And if so, what is the right term
> in British English?

The people are pigeon fanciers, racing is called pigeon racing.

Pigeon fanciers have pigeon lofts in their gardens or on allotments,
building=pigeon_loft or as most mappers would see it, building=shed.

Pigeon racing clubs exist, but a verifiable club house is something I
do not think exists never come across. Meeting tend to be held in other
places such as the local Working Mens Club etc.

Phil (trigpoint)