[Tagging] clubb= dove or pigeons or pigeon_fanciers or pigeon_racing or pigeon_fancying

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:57:55 UTC 2021

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 at 12:36, Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:

> After translation, all these terms mean the same thing to me:
> dealing with captive pigeons.

Dove refers to the smaller species, although it is not used consistently.
As far as I know, the racing/homing species are referred to as
pigeons, not doves.  Some people put wooden boxes in their
gardens for wild pigeons/doves to roost in and these are
called dovecotes no matter what species roost there.

According to the Royal Pigeon Racing Association, the clubs
seem to be called "pigeon clubs."
http://www.pigeonracinguk.co.uk/how-to-get-started/

--
Paul