[Tagging] Colocated school/churchgrounds (was Re: multiple schools on one plot)

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Thu Apr 8 23:11:19 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 06:55 2021-04-06, Jmapb đã viết:
> On 4/5/2021 4:47 PM, Minh Nguyen wrote:
>>
>> If there were a landuse=educational or something to that effect, do
>> you think it would be more attractive than amenity=school for the
>> shared grounds? In other words, is the concern that the church is
>> being subordinated to the landuse-like amenity=school, or that nothing
>> is explicitly tagged as the grounds of a church?
>
> It's something you'd have to decide on a case-by-case basis. My
> questions would be -- Is everything in the area religious? Is everything
> in the area educational? You could make a case for tagging both, or
> overlapping to some degree.

Interesting, it hadn't occurred to me to tag a shared grounds
simultaneously as amenity=school *and* landuse=religious. That would at
least allow a savvy data consumer to differentiate shared
school/churchgrounds. For example, an Overpass query would subtract
double-tagged amenity=school landuse=religious features from the overall
number of amenity=school features.

It would be less intuitive than querying for a tag for schoolgrounds
that's distinct from the tag for schools, and it still wouldn't address
the issue of multiple schools colocated on the same grounds. On the
other hand, landuse=educational would prevent me from explicitly tagging
a shared schoolground (since landuse=religious shares the same key).

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us