[Tagging] RFC - Discourage railway=preserved

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Apr 11 22:43:15 UTC 2021

In case of conflict between tag used 8 000 times
( https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/railway=preserved )

vs

tags used  > 46 000 times
( https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/railway=narrow_gauge )
and > 2 186 000 times
( https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/railway=rail )

somehow it seems a better idea to get rid of railway=preserved
and to tag it differently. Existing alternative is in use and seems
good enough to me.

> And to create a proper subtag for narrow_gauge, wide_gauge, ...  as I proposed.

Can you be more specific what you mean here?

Apr 12, 2021, 00:30 by sfkeller at gmail.com: