[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop as post-partner

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Sat Apr 17 12:29:45 UTC 2021

Am 17.04.2021 um 14:01 schrieb Marc_marc
>> No, there is used post_office:type=* - not post_office=*. post_office=*
>> ist only used nine times in france.
>> "post_office" are not "post_office:type" (mho)
> in this case why using "post_office:type=post_partner" in
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/shop_as_post-partner#Tagging
> ?
>
> it's really confusing how you would have to map a shop-post-partner
> in France, dealing with 2 brands
> for "LaPoste", it would be amenity=post_office post_office:type=post_partner
> and to map the brand, we used brand :-)
> except that your proposal says to use post_office for the brand,
> but only if it is not an amenity=post_office... so not for in France.
> so whitch key ? the proposal complicates the situation instead of
> bringing things closer together on both sides of the border
>
> I feel like it would be much more consistent and simple:
> - to remove the obligation "only if it's not amenity=post_office"
> in order to leave this criterion to the choice of the local communities
> (we had already discussed this in the previous version)

Well, that just depends on whether it is stand-alone (shop-in-shop, as
it seems to have been solved by LaPoste for you) or integrated in the
respective shop / amenity. The first would be an independent node,
because the baker who has a branch in the supermarket is tagged
individually, but the baked goods counter in the supermarket is not.

> - use brand if you want to fill in the brand :)
> -- either directly brand when the object represents only the postal
> service (case in France)
> -- or in case of an object mixing 2 things (the brand of the shop and
> the brand of the postal service as you seem to want in Germany, the
> simplest seems to me to use the namespace post_office:bramd

Do you mean to omit post_office = * and only use post_office: type =
post_partner to the shop = * and amenity = * (with the exception of
amenity = post_office) and then post_office: brand?Another possibility.
Was just wanted the other way around in the wiki: D
Or should it stay with the previously used post_office = yes? And then
post_office: brand?

> the order for ref is also strange, it's often ref:<otherkey>=*
> and not post_office:ref=* nor post_office:ref:<brand>=*
This resulted from the fact that you then have a direct assignment of
the brand. I know a shop that receives from Deutsche Post the ref XY to
send Mail / parcels there and ref YZ in general for identification and
from the local postal operator ABC. This was also directed to me,
because it would be easier for dataconsumer (I cannot validate it)
Of course that can also be adjusted ...