[Tagging] surface=gravel problems

Kevin Broderick ktb at kevinbroderick.com
Mon Apr 19 17:30:01 UTC 2021

A reasonable point, and "unpaved" with an appropriate smoothness tag is
probably best in many cases where the surface is highly variable.

If I had to define "worst" surface, it may vary a bit with type of
transport and season, but I'd generally call the one most likely to get you
stuck or, in the case of a motorcycle, crashed, is the worst.

However, it most likely isn't "gravel", unless you have a section of that
large stuff on a road that's otherwise compacted gravel.