[Tagging] Deprecation of landuse=forest (was: Feature Proposal - RFC - boundary=forest(_compartment) relations)

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Apr 19 18:30:01 UTC 2021

Apr 19, 2021, 10:41 by 61sundowner at gmail.com:

> To me landuse=forest is for the human use of the land .. it does      not say 'here be trees'.

Note that in general mismatches how this tag is actually used

> So the landuse does not change where      trees have been havested, it remains the same landuse.

If this areas will be replanted soon (or trees regrow naturally) for pragmatic reasons it would
make sense to do it anyway.

Only in areas with many local mappers focusing on their area it
would make sense to delete (parts of) forest just to recreate it months/year later.