[Tagging] remove “rendering” from proposal template

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Fri Apr 23 08:06:07 UTC 2021

On Apr 23, 2021, at 12:55 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for proposing this, I didn’t imagine it could create so much discussion (and ultimately distraction from mapping), let’s just keep it ;-)

Martin, though I’m happy to accept your apology, I’m surprised by it.  “Mapping” can be adding streets and cafés to OSM, it can also be “hm, how do we improve our Proposal process so that it crisply instructs tag authors to suggest rendering ideas (without requiring them to), while at the same time doesn’t clash with the realm of renderer authors.”

It feels to me like we’re getting closer to that, even if we haven’t quite yet arrived (the voices are "few, but plural) and I find the discussion both spirited and interesting, not distracting.  This (thread, list) DOES seem an appropriate place to have such a discussion.