[Tagging] remove “rendering” from proposal template

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sun Apr 25 02:00:37 UTC 2021

> BTW, have we mapped all the crinkly bits around the fjords yet?

Let's keep it on topic, please.  I've sensed people repeatedly trying to derail this discussion, I'm not sure why.

To me, "Suggested Possible Rendering" seems like it has the extra word "Possible" that is redundant.  That's just me.  I also think Rendering should be plural, even if only one example is offered, the section should be titled in the plural.

I don't know what is meant by "prefilled," but I'm listening.

Let's say:  "THIS SECTION is Optional and is actually NOT part of the formal proposal.  Thusly, it should not affect whether you vote to Approve or Oppose.  However, this section can offer constructive comments on rendering, including other methods how a renderer might achieve the same results for this syntax.  When contributing to this section, consider impact, usability and backward compatibility, knowing that decisions of how best to render this feature are ultimately up to renderer authors, not the results of discussion in this proposal section, nor any of these suggestions becoming final in any particular renderer."

(We don't need to SCREAM with capital letters in the final copy, I only do that to emphasize a bit here).

Getting warmer, maybe not yet hot?  I don't know if Paul disdains the whole idea of saying "OK, let's keep this section, but make it clear that it is optional (detached from the formal Proposal)" and that he's on board with "suggested."