[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - reusable packaging

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 19:35:48 UTC 2021

I am on the same page like Frederik.  We should store this kind of
"policy" issues in related projects, like wikidata, which are more
accessible and easier to maintain and query.
The fact if they use re-usable packaging or accept it is not geo-related
data at all.

Another concern is that some countries have legislation in force to
promote re-usable packaging.  Rwanda and Uganda have this for plastic
bags, you should not even be able to enter the country with any plastic
bag.  In Rwanda it is enforced and quite successful, in Uganda it is
legislation but not practised and not enforced.  So legally, in the case
of Uganda, we would need a re-usable packaging tag but need to indicate
that it's not legally enforced etc.... .  Then what is re-usable, am I
allowed to bring my own container or bag or are there any specific
restrictions, part of a certain custom system.
So the data, at least in the short term might be very diverse and
unstable.  Just re-usable will not add a lot of useful practical data.
Make a wikidata entry and use wikdata to store this kind of information,
easily to be linked and queried together with the geo data stored in OSM.

Greetings,

Bert Araali