[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - reusable packaging

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Fri Apr 23 15:41:12 UTC 2021

Hello,

Le 23.04.21 à 16:12, Frederik Ramm a écrit :
> do I really need OpenStreetMap to record details about whether
> a shop has reusable packaging?

it is quite legitimate to have this inquiry, both of the interest
and the stability of the information.

for the interest, some people (including me) don't want to buy plastic
when they want to buy some food. for me that the store is called foo
or bar, it has almost no interest, when I'm there, I'm able to find
the store without needing the name :)
the other interest is that many "ZeroWaste" associations use private
databases or GoogleMap custom maps. it would be a real improvement
to release this data instead of having to search for the proprietary
database covering the place where we spend our vacations, even more
when you want to contribute to this information.

as for the stability of the information, no store I know of has gone
backwards, so "yes/only" seems very stable. of course this could be
questioned if the ownership change and it's also probably less
stable when it's a big store with =limited (which is often borderline
greenwhasing).
if everyone maintains their comfort zone, this is probably one
of the easiest data to keep up to date. but I am well aware that
many places don't have any contributor motivated by maintenance
(or even QA, just look at the deluge on QA map even if sometimes
it is a false positive)

Regards,
Marc