[Tagging] Tag for number of flats

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon Feb 1 09:19:48 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 07:30:53PM +1100, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> > Unit is a lot more generic and this may cause people to abuse it
> > for commercial units or dont tag it at all.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:units
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:flats
>
> Both document the keys as "number of *residential* units in a building".
>
> I can see an argument for documenting and using building:flats as
> residential units and building:units as total units including commercial,
> but this is not how it's currently documented.

Repurposing building:units to count flats and commercial entities as a
total is not wrong then per se.

As this would mean units to be a superset of flats.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f at zz.de
"Autoritaetsduselei ist der groesste Feind der Wahrheit" - Albert Einstein