[Tagging] Tag for number of flats

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:55:25 UTC 2021

That sounds okay, but would be good to try and define this through a
proposal.

According to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building:units >99.8%
of the current usage came from an import where it marked residential units,
ie. the building:flats tag. So in my opinion it would be good to try and
get building:flats= approved and then try to move the imported data of
building:units across to building:flats opening up building:units for a
different definition.

Since we generally use British English for tags, then as Paul mentions,
building:flats is correct for residential living spaces within a building,
tagging presets can of course then translate this into "units" where that
is the more common term for residential flats/units/apartments.