[Tagging] reduction of the number of different keys talking about booking.com

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:09:30 UTC 2021

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 at 10:46, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

[bookings.com/maps.me]

yes, that’s what I suppose as well, my question was pointing into the
> direction whether this kind of use is possible under the ODbL without
> triggering share alike provisions, given that there are POIs of the same
> kind, i.e. possibly a derived database?

It depends if it's a derivative database or a collective database (I think,
this
is outside my area of competence).  It would be hard to tell from the
outside
which it is.  In any case, maps.me may be a produced work rather than a
database.  Their database, however implemented, isn't publicly-accessible
(that I can see) so share-alike isn't triggered anyway (I think).

This is so far outside my area of competence, it's even outside my area
of incompetence.

--
Paul