[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Vincent van Duijnhoven vincenttemp at vanduijnhoven.xyz
Wed Feb 3 18:27:27 UTC 2021

I understand that compared with e.g. landuse=residential or industrial, there is a notable difference. On the other hand, landuse=bush would in my opinion perfectly fit with the other landuse tags like village_green, grass, forest and flowerbed. Especially if the bushes are maintained by the government, isn't it then a landuse?

About barrier=hedge, I think a clear distinction is its function. Is it purely a barrier or is the main function decorative. For example, the first and last of the four example images are decorative in my opinion. Yes, the limit movement but they are added for decorative purpose. A river and a house are technically also barrier when navigating but they also have their own tag.

Village_green is a harder one. Atleast in the Netherlands, it is almost not used only sometimes at the very center of a village. I can't really comment on that one.
Met vriendelijke groet/ Kind regards,

Vincent van Duijnhoven

3 feb. 2021 18:29 van stefan.tauner at gmx.at: