[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Wed Feb 3 18:42:01 UTC 2021

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 19:20:59 +0100
Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> village_green means it's a village green. That's British for a central
> common area in the middle of a town.
>
> It's NOT an area of decorative greenery.

"a distinctive area of grassy public land in a village centre. It's an
area of common land, usually grass but often including flowers, shrubs,
small trees and a pond"
Sounds rather decorative and greenish to me...

As I said, I have never understood why it got that much attention in
OSM (in relation to the non-existent possibility to properly tag the
random green things that could be described as mini-parks or the very
topic of this thread). The historic village green and similar places
were of importance in the past but today I don't think there is any
significant difference to other similar areas like parks or central
squares from a physical standpoint. Is there in actual *land use*?