[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Michael Patrick geodesy99 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 00:01:52 UTC 2021

 >> This might be a language difference, but in US English "landscaping" is
>> also used as a noun to describe an area of human-created plants or other
>> natural objects that are groomed for aesthetic or decorative purposes.
It
>> includes lawns, cultivated beds of bushes and shrubs,  etc. ...
>>> I think landscaping is an activity, a craft or an art maybe. Not a kind
>>> of object or covering. I think it is better to map what you see and can
be
>>> clearly verified by anyone looking at it, not what you know or suspect
has
>>> happened to make it look like that.

Surface area wise, the vast amount of landscaping in the U.S. isn't for
primarily for aesthetic or decorative purposes, ( although that is
sometimes considered ) but pragmatic goals before, during, and after a
project - it's an entire sub-discipline of civil engineering and
architecture. Highway and utility right of ways, for example, erosion and
other environmental like species inhibition and promotion, habitat and
recreation:
https://www.kingcounty.gov/services/environment/wastewater/education/locations/south-plant/waterworks-gardens.aspx