[Tagging] This list requires moderation

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sun Feb 7 15:50:22 UTC 2021

Hi Frederik

On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 01:10:59PM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,

> But the sheer volume of discussion is making it difficult for many to
> follow the debates. And let's be honest: About 75% of the discussion
> could be cut if we applied a little bit of ... moderation.

Just to take a different stance on this. I am netizen for 25+ years and
i am reading 100+ Mailinglists - tagging is very polite, organized and
low volume by my comparisons.

Discussions like the ones we have on tagging are about designing a
system which is a matter of taste, not strict rules. Replying by
repeating or adding little detail to other words makes individual
standpoints. Participants then also follow people by personal trust not
just arguments so it is sometimes important to make your point by
publicly agreeing. I sometimes think its some kind of implicit
liquid democracy, delegating "votes" by trust.

Yes - People are emotionally involved and tend to reply to every single
mail trying to make their point. Still - its a very lively debate.

But in the end i fail to see a problem ;)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f at zz.de