[Tagging] Is landuse=winter_sports a ‘de facto’ tag for ski areas?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Mon Feb 8 06:03:25 UTC 2021

On Mon, 08 Feb 2021 06:20:29 +0100
Yves via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Le 8 février 2021 04:29:45 GMT+01:00, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> a écrit :
> >On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 10:06:11 +1000
> >Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >However, the basic idea of the landuse key is to "describe the primary
> >use of land". There can't be two primary uses.
>
> I'm not so sure, depends if you're a soldier, a gardener or a sheep after all.
> The flowerbed cut by the military area fence example : it would seems really artificial to cut it.

Although I am a big proponent of animal rights I think we can exclude
animals in human land use tagging. ;)

I am not entirely sure where the "fence" is coming from in your message
but if the military area is indeed fenced off and that fence goes
through an area with planted flowers I don't see how it would be
artificial to map them as two separate closed ways.