[Tagging] Draft proposal for historic cemetery

Daniel Capilla dcapillae at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:58:09 UTC 2021

Hi.

This proposal does not invent anything new. It is just documenting a
value for "historic" that is in use. It is just one value among many
others that are used (battlefield, castle, citywalls, etc.), all of them
well documented, some with less uses than "historic=cemetery".

I created the page for "historic=cemetery" on the wiki a few weeks ago.
I was not planning to propose it at all. It collected how mappers were
using the tag and documented it in the wiki. This is something that is
sometimes done on the wiki with tags that are used, have a clear usage
scheme, but are not documented. [1] [2]

I thought it would be a good idea to propose it to enrich it with the
opinion of others. I think it is a very simple proposal, very very
simple, with a well-defined use. Limited, but useful.

Regards,

Daniel

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Any_tags_you_like

[2]