[Tagging] Draft proposal for historic cemetery

Diego Cruz ginkarasu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:45:51 UTC 2021

Dear Martin Koppenhoeffer,

That's exactly my point. If you merely use historic=yes, you don't know if
it's historically relevant as a palace or as a museum.

Dear António Madeira,

I'll give you another example: Madrid's Reina Sofía Museum. There you could
arguably have, depending on how you interpret the tags: tourism=museum
(functional description), building=hospital (type of building),
historic=museum (reason for historical significance). I'm simply
theorising, but I don't think this is a black and white situation. There is
no reason why we can't categorise objects apart from their functional
description.

I can find examples of a historic=manor that is also an amenity=courthouse
or things like that.

In any case, I'm not going to insist any more on this, given that Daniel is
cancelling the proposal.

Best regards
Diego Cruz