[Tagging] Flood prone areas - link to measurement stations

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:58:03 UTC 2021

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 at 08:34, Yves via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
> That seems information a bit too complex to maintain in OSM, don't you
> think?

It may work, but I also agree with Yves that it may be a bit too
complicated?

A couple of thoughts though:

Le 13 février 2021 23:04:32 GMT+01:00, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>>
>> So far I've added a note on e.g.
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/37535250
>>
>> Wouldn't that be better as a description, rather than a note?

to say "When https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8373389773 says 2.7m,
flooded here",

Would that be better being linked directly to the URL of the measuring
station ie https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8235,
rather than to another OSM node which is then linked to that URL?

I also notice that that station gives a possible flood level as 2.2m, but
you've said 2.7m? Aren't you taking a bit of a risk with overriding the
Weather Bureau, or whoever runs the Flood Warning Service?

Thanks

Graeme