[Tagging] better classification systems

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 00:07:46 UTC 2021

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 22:23, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I am also deeply skeptical about idea that making someone
> Imperator and Ruler of Tagging would improve situation
> (even attempting that would have massively negative effects).

Not strictly OSM as such, but don't we already have something similar to
this, in that only 1 or 2 people decide what, & how, features are going to
be shown in iD; then another "small" group seems to have an overwhelming
level of control of what is rendered in Carto, in both cases sometimes
against the wishes of a lot of OSM mappers?

Thanks

Graeme