[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Vincent van Duijnhoven vincenttemp at vanduijnhoven.xyz
Sun Feb 14 17:15:37 UTC 2021

I just had a discussion with Brian on the topic. Is it an idea to instead of introducing landuse=shrub, extend the natural=scrub with a new tag scrub=wild|decorative? This better describes the type of scrub than denotation=* or managed=*.

As explained by Bert Araali, natural=scrub is currently already used to tag the kind of decorative scrub as illustrated in my proposal for landuse=shrub. By adding a new tag to natural=scrub, all that work does not need to be changed. An advantage is that already gets rendered on carto. The wiki then needs to be changed to address this broader definition of scrub and that natural=scrub can be further defined with scrub=wild|decorative.

Any thoughts on this?

Greetings,
Vincent

14 feb. 2021 14:06 van bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com: